Other symptoms often accompany the headaches and dizziness, including pain, difficulties with balance and coordination, reading, vision, and psychological symptoms.
Patients oftentimes report feeling noticeably better immediately. The average patient suffering from BVD will notice a 50% reduction of symptoms by the end of their first visit. Over the next several visits, the aligning lenses are fine-tuned and continue to improve and eliminate the symptoms of BVD.
1. We ask you to fill out a specialized questionnaire designed to help diagnose those who have BVD.
2. You will be asked to complete a detailed Health History form.
3. An eye exam is performed to determine the need for correction of nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism (a common imperfection in the eye’s curvature).
4. A specialized exam is performed (NeuroVisual Evaluation) to determine if visual misalignment is present.
5. If diagnosed with BVD, you will be fitted with a trial version of your new prescription. Most people notice a significant improvement in their symptoms within just a few minutes of putting on the trial lenses.
Yes, but it is important that individuals with a traumatic brain injury be thoroughly evaluated by their doctor to rule out other causes of symptoms (including dizziness and headaches). If no other cause is found, Dr. INSERT NAME HERE can conduct a NeuroVisual Evaluation to determine if BVD is the cause of their symptoms. Even if the individual has experienced BVD symptoms for decades, they can still receive treatment for the condition.